After obtaining his PhD in 2004, Florian joined Kudlek Grunert & Partner and qualified as a German Patent Attorney in 2007, and then as a European Patent Attorney in 2008. He joined Dehns in 2021 following the merger of the two firms in 2021. Florian is a Dehns Partner.
Florian is also a European Trade Mark and Design Attorney and his practice involves all aspects of patent, trade mark law and design law, and his patent practice comprises physics and engineering related technologies.
Type of clients and client work
Florian drafts and prosecutes patent applications before the EPO and the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA), as well as providing expert opinions and advice on patents. He has considerable experience in representing clients at Oral Proceedings before the EPO and DPMA Examining, Opposition and Appeal Divisions, and the Federal Patents Court in Germany (BPatG).
His clients mainly work in the field of automotive and automation technology for large multinational and global companies
Florian’s expertise as a patent attorney includes: mechanical engineering, control engineering, automation of technical processes, lighting technology for optical apparatuses, semiconductors, renewable energy sources, microtechnology and nanotechnology, photonics and thin films.
He has indepth experience in automotive technology including engine construction, vehicle electronics, motor control and hybrid systems.
Qualifications and Memberships
- German Patent Attorney, 2007
- European Patent Attorney, 2008
- European Trade Mark and Design Attorney, 2007
- Chamber of German Patent Attorneys
- European Patent Institute
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (German Physics Society)
PhD, University of Regensburg, Germany, 2004
- thesis on the static magnetisation behaviour of micromagnets and nanomagnets
Dipl. Phys (Physics Diploma/Degree), University of Regensburg, Germany, 2000
- core topics: solid state physics, semiconductors and metals, thin films, magnetism
- diploma thesis on the magnetic properties of iron neodymium multi-layers
Florian lives in Munich and speaks fluent German and English.