After obtaining his degree in physics from Technical University in Munich, Andreas worked as development engineer for an automotive manufacturer (BMW Group). He then started training as a patent attorney in 2013 and qualified as a German Patent Attorney and European Trade Mark and Design Attorney in 2016 and as a European Patent Attorney in 2017.
Type of clients and client work
Andreas drafts and prosecutes patent applications before the EPO and the German Patent and Trademark Office in English and German language, incl. oral proceedings. He provides expert opinions, FTO advice, validity and infringement assessments, in addition to having experience in opposition and appeal proceedings. Andreas also provides advice on utility model, trade mark and design matters.
Andreas works with clients of all size, from individual inventors, start-ups, local and domestic SMEs in Germany, to multinationals in Germany, the US and China.
Andreas’ knowledge and experience covers control engineering, process technology, automation technology, hydraulic technology, elevator technology, semi-conductor technology, optics, microscopy, medical technology, OCT, renewable energy and automotive technology, in particular data communication, vehicle electronics, electrical and hybrid driving. Andreas also has experience in general physics, mechanics, electronics, software, simulation and AI related aspects.
Qualifications and Memberships
- German Patent Attorney, 2016
- European Patent Attorney, 2017
- European Trade Mark and Design Attorney, 2016
- Chamber of German Patent Attorneys
- European Patent Institute
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- German Physical Society (DPG)
Dipl.-Phys. Univ. – Diploma (equivalent to MSc) in Physics, Technical University of Munich (TUM), 2011
- Topics: nuclear and particle physics, quantum mechanics, condensed matter physics, scattering theory
- Diploma Thesis: setup and implementation of an experiment to test a superconducting coil
LL.M. – Master’s degree in European Intellectual Property Law, FernUniversität in Hagen, 2021
- Topics: DE, FR and UK national law (patent infringement), private international law
- Master’s Thesis: requirement of a reform of the injunctive relief in German patent law
Andreas is fluent in German and English