Adam is a UK Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
Adam joined the firm in 2015, after graduating from University College London (UCL) with a BA (Hons) degree in English Literature and completing the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Before training as a Trade Mark Attorney, Adam completed a variety of legal placements and gained experience as a paralegal, both with Dehns and with solicitor firms and in-house legal departments, from which he cultivated a keen interest in intellectual property law.
Type of clients and client work
Adam assists with all aspects of Trade Mark Attorney practice. This includes:
- clearance searching and advising on the availability of clients’ new trade marks;
- advising on the registrability of new marks;
- devising filing strategies and filing and prosecuting UK, European Union, International and overseas trade mark applications;
- trade mark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and related settlement negotiations;
- appeals from decisions in examination, opposition and cancellation proceedings;
- advising on matters of alleged trade mark infringement and/or passing off, and the resolution of related disputes;
- preparing cease and desist letters, agreements, letters of undertaking and letters of consent;
- advising on prospective domain name and company name complaints;
- assisting with the acquisition and registration of domain names; and
- portfolio management.
Adam works with clients in a variety of industries, including the energy, construction, insurance, electronics, software, technology, food and drink, media/entertainment, healthcare and leisure industries.
Adam is particularly interested in contentious matters, and therefore enjoys preparing arguments and submissions for trade mark opposition/cancellation proceedings and appeals, and working on settlement negotiations.
Qualifications and Memberships
- UK Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 2018
- IP Litigator - Trade Mark, 2018
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Law School, 2018 - Distinction (IP Litigation Certificate - Distinction)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, Queen Mary University of London, 2017 – Distinction
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys – Ordinary Member
BA (Hons), English Literature, University College London (UCL), 2013 – 2.1
Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), The University of Law, 2014 – Commendation