Adam is a UK Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and EU Trade Mark Attorney.
Adam joined the firm in 2015, after graduating from University College London (UCL) with a BA (Hons) degree in English Literature and completing the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Before training as a Trade Mark Attorney, Adam completed a variety of legal placements and gained experience as a paralegal, both with Dehns and with solicitor firms and in-house legal departments, from which he cultivated a keen interest in intellectual property law.
In 2017, Adam was presented with the Director’s Prize for achieving the best mark in the Trade Mark Law and Practice B Module on the Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, at Queen Mary University of London.
Type of clients and client work
Adam assists with all aspects of Trade Mark Attorney practice. This includes:
- clearance searching and advising on the availability of clients’ new trade marks;
- advising on the registrability of new marks;
- devising filing strategies and filing and prosecuting UK, European Union, International and overseas trade mark applications;
- trade mark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and related settlement negotiations;
- appeals from decisions in examination, opposition and cancellation proceedings;
- advising on matters of alleged trade mark infringement and/or passing off, and the resolution of related disputes;
- preparing cease and desist letters, agreements, letters of undertaking and letters of consent;
- advising on prospective domain name and company name complaints;
- assisting with the acquisition and registration of domain names; and
- portfolio management.
Adam works with clients in a variety of industries, including the energy, construction, insurance, electronics, software, technology, food and drink, media/entertainment, healthcare and leisure industries.
Adam is particularly interested in contentious matters, and therefore enjoys preparing arguments and submissions for trade mark opposition/cancellation proceedings and appeals, and working on settlement negotiations.
Qualifications and Memberships
- UK Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 2018
- IP Litigator - Trade Mark, 2018
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Law School, 2018 - Distinction (IP Litigation Certificate - Distinction)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, Queen Mary University of London, 2017 – Distinction
- Member of CITMA
BA (Hons), English Literature, University College London (UCL), 2013 – 2.1
Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), The University of Law, 2014 – Commendation