Having graduated from Oxford University with an honours degree in Engineering Science, Alison joined Dehns in 1987 and became a partner in 1998.
Type of clients and client work
Alison handles trade mark and design work for a wide range of clients and patent work, mainly in the field of mechanical engineering.
Alison handles patent work in various engineering fields, but particularly in mechanical engineering, robotics and control systems.
She manages all aspects of international trade mark portfolios in a wide range of fields including entertainment, merchandising and fashion. Alison provides strategic advice regarding trade mark protection and she has substantial experience in handling trade mark applications and oppositions before the United Kingdom and European Union Trade Mark offices and in numerous other territories through local firms of overseas associates.
Alison also handles registered designs.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary College, University of London
- UK Registered Patent Attorney, 1993
- European Patent Attorney, 1992
- UK Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 1994
- Professional Representative before the EUIPO, 1995
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
MA Oxford University, Engineering Science, 1987
‘Trade Marks or Designs - so many choices!’, Fashion Capital, April 2014
‘Is your Brand at Risk of Hijacking?’, Director of Finance, March 2014
‘Protecting your Brand in China’, Fashion Capital, March 2014