Annabel is a qualified UK and European Patent Attorney and is a partner in the firm. She joined Dehns in 1994 having graduated from the University of Oxford with a First Class Honours Degree in Chemistry and having subsequently been awarded a Doctorate from the University of Oxford for research in the field of carbohydrate chemistry. Annabel became a partner in 2002.
Type of clients and client work
Annabel acts for a range of clients, including a number of US corporates. The majority of her practice involves prosecution and opposition work before the European Patent Office. She also handles applications for Supplementary Protection Certificates and provides strategic advice regarding the infringement and validity of UK and EP patents.
Annabel handles patent work in all areas of chemistry, including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, blood products, oil field services, cosmetics and personal care products.
Qualifications and Memberships
- UK Chartered Patent Attorney, 1999
- European Patent Attorney, 1998
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary College, University of London, 1996
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Member of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi)
- Foreign member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Member of the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI)
DPhil, Oxford University, “Studies in Higher Sugars”, 1994
MA, Oxford University, Natural Sciences (Chemistry), 1991
Annabel is the partner with responsibility for the firm’s formalities and records departments.
Annabel was recognised as an “IP Star” in Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars 2019 legal directory.