Trainee Patent or Trade Mark Attorney
We recruit exceptional graduates and post-graduates who are stimulated by working in the field of innovation and motivated by the breadth of work on offer.
Trainee patent attorney
Becoming a patent attorney provides a unique opportunity to combine science and law. In order to train as a patent attorney you will require a scientific (STEM) degree; however no prior legal qualifications are required as legal training will be provided as part of your role. Click here to find out more about working at Dehns from some of our current trainee patent attorneys.
Trainee trade mark attorney
As a trade mark attorney you will advise clients on the creation and protection of their trade marks. No prior legal qualifications are required as legal training will be provided as part of your role. Click here to find out more about working at Dehns from our current trainee trade mark attorneys.
What we look for
We are seeking people who have the potential to truly excel in their chosen field. You will therefore need to demonstrate for both patents and trade mark roles:
- An ability to analyse and interpret complex technical matters
- Strong organisational skills
- An ability to think laterally
- Good interpersonal skills
- An excellent command of written and spoken English language to advise on technical and legal issues in understandable terms
- Excellent attention to detail
- A fundamental sense of commerciality
- Excellent academic ability – you must achieve, or have achieved, a minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree result in your field of study (scientific (STEM) degree for patent attorneys; any degree discipline for trade mark attorneys)
- For trade mark roles a qualification or fluency in at least one other language is advantageous